So you want artificial turf installation and decided to get rid of that irritating and infuriating organic grass that requires lots of maintenance and care. You want an Astro turf installation that lasts longer and doesn't require too much maintenance but doesn't know how to install it on the soil. The installation of artificial turf can be intense, especially for big lawns. Our experts at my lovely lawn will do the proper installation.
Apart from an occasional spray to keep it clean, our properly installed artificial turf lawn requires no regular maintenance.
Artificial turf is one of the most popular modern home trends. Synthetic turf is now more durable and natural-looking than ever before, thanks to recent technological advancements. Most importantly, you won't have to worry about watering, to weed, or mowing your lawn throughout the year; instead, you'll have a lush, beautiful lawn all year.
However, before you begin the artificial turf installation process, make sure you adhere to the following guidelines.
Artificial turf was once only used in places like mini-golf and sports fields. Homeowners from coast to coast are now considering it. People are looking for low-maintenance landscapes that don't use much water. The quality of artificial grass has significantly improved as these requirements have become more important.
Arrange the Surface for Artificial Turf Installation
If you want to enjoy the installment of artificial grass, then make sure to implement the things that are listed below;
- Remove all organic grass and plants that were growing on the dirt surface. Don't leave the existing weeds or vegetation over there; they will grow and destroy your artificial turf. Organic things can make your artificial grass unattractive and unpleasant. So make sure to remove all the unnecessary organic things from the surface.
- Spread 2 to 2 1/2 inches of drain crushed rock, hose it down, and use a vibrating plate compactor to compact it to 90%. 1 to 1 1/2 inches of decomposed granite or class II road base should be spread.
- Hose down the area and compact to 90% with a vibrating plate compactor. Make sure the surface area is in table pie order or smooth as possible. You can make a slight incline for better drainage.
- Try to add 1/4" cushioning sand.
Position the Synthetic Turf
After the prep work is finishing, it's time to lay the synthetic turf roll. At least 1-2 hours before installation, roll out the turf in the sun with the blades. This will allow the turf to acclimate and become easier to work with.
Layout the artificial turf and use a utility knife to cut pieces to fit in between the factory seams.
- Place turf on the base and adjust as needed. Cut off the excess grass turf on the backside with a carpet or razor knife. For adjusting or fitting in the area, you can cut the turf.
- Use glue or staples to secure adjoining turf seams.
- You can fasten one end with 60D. Bright the common nails of 4-6 inches in length, spaced 2-4 inches apart along the edges. Fasten with nails and stretch the turf as you move across to another end. A nail should be placed every 12-24 inches in the centre and every 3-4 inches around the perimeter.
- Cut any sprinkler heads, irrigation boxes, lawn drainage systems, or anything else you'll need access to.
- Spread infill across the entire surface area of the artificial turf and push it beneath the turf blades with a powder brush.
- Fasten the seams together by using 11 gauge 6 "x1" x6" staples spaced 4 inches apart along the seam. Staples should not be countersunk.
- Power broom the turf before applying infill, then use a drop spreader to apply infill to the turf grass. With a grading rake or broom, spread the infill as evenly as possible until it settles into the turf's base. For quick and easy infilling, you can use a push broom.
- To get rid of the extra turf blades, use carpet scissors. Using a blower or a broom, clean the surrounding area.
- It is very important to meet the infill requirements for the artificial turf installation system you have purchased. Your artificial grass's performance, appearance, and life span play an essential role. Speak to your AGL product specialist about the requirements of infill.
- Brush the turf with a power broom or another stiff-bristled broom once the infill has been placed. This will help the turf blades stand straight up, giving your new synthetic lawn the appearance of freshly mowed grass. Repeat the process until your infill is evenly distributing and your seams are no longer visible. Outside of proper sanitation, if you have pets, the only quarterly maintenance AGL recommends brushing up your turf blades.
Facts You Need to Know About Artificial Turf Installation
- My lovely lawn is one of the best artificial turf installation companies in London. My Lovely Lawn turf can be installed in the mountains, where rain and snow drain quickly and effectively, preventing flooding. The wind isn't a problem if the installation is done correctly. Unlike grass, it does not retain heat in the shade or darkness. If there isn't any strong reflection or sun magnification, the turf can endure even the hottest direct sunlight without being damaging.
- Be wary of windows on the south or west sides of your house that are highly reflective. Sunlight hitting these windows creates a "magnifying glass effect," which acts like a laser and melts your turf in certain conditions. This can be avoiding by applying a coating to the outside of the window.
- Using ZeoFill to get rid of pet odour is the best option. It acts as a molecular sieve, allowing two positively charged compounds or elements to swap places on a negatively charged host. This exchange process eliminates charges and, in effect, ammonia in pet waste.